You can use REST or SOAP API to build a node, Each API integration is available as a node in the flow palette. With all the APIs integrated into a node, you can use it to submit requests and capture responses and configure them to application requirements.
There are a few requirements to build a custom node; you should have all the HTTPS URL ready for REST integration and WSDL file for SOAP integration
There are two types of API Integration
To create a Node:
- On the services dashboard, click Integrations
- On the New Customer node pop-up, select the type of node you wish to create and then click Next.
- Define the NODE PROFILE
- Enter a Name for the node
- Choose a Node Category from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Description of the node you are creating.
- Upload a representational image for the Node(Optional.)
- Choose Create Blank Integration from the drop-down menu.
- Click OK to proceed.
|Click to upload a relevant image for the node.
|Provide a name to the node that you are creating
|Select a Node category from the drop-down menu, or define your own category.
Note category is the grouping of nodes of similar type.
|A brief description of the node that you are creating.
|Create Blank Integration/ Copy from existing integration
|You can either choose to create a fresh new integration or copy from an existing integration and later modify to meet your requirement.
Once you have successfully created a Custom Node, the node appears in the node palette under the Node Category you have created/selected while creating the Node.
All the Node Categories are listed under the Categories section of the flow builder page.
Updated about 1 year ago